Pages

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

The Studio at My New House

Well, welcome, welcome!  I told you I'd finally get around to posting pictures of my studio in our new house (new by a year now- it's about time!).  It's a great little room at the front of the house, and it gets a ton of natural light.  When I'm at my computer by the window, my cat and my dog like to sleep on the window seat beside me!  So, without further ado, here it is!

I purchased this vintage turquoise desk off Craigslist when we moved.  It used to be a sewing table, but my cutting board covers up the hole!
There's my computer desk.  My husband built it into the wall, and I painted it to match the other desk!  And there's the window seat where the animals sleep!

This is the view across from the windows- dollhouses, dollhouses, dollhouses, even heading out into the hall! I took photos with all the houses faced front and back, so following you'll see both views.
They're much more pleasing to the eye when they're front-face out....
...but they're much easier to 'play' with when they're back-face out!
Most of the time, they're mixed up, depending on which projects I'm working on!

Here's the other corner.  My husband also built another wraparound built-in desk over there for my sewing machine and other supplies.

 All the paper dolls are hanging in a vintage time-card holder next to the window!

 Just some more fun things!  That dollhouse is made from cardboard.

This is a little side wall when you first enter.

Just some dolls 'n things up on the top of one of the shelves.

 I adore this paper doll puppy and kitty!

 This hangs above my computer, and I love looking at all the little things every day!

 Up above the doorframe of the entryway.  On the left is a self-portrait I did last year.


Most of my doll furniture resides up here!  So, so pretty!

 Another hidden little wall...

Here's this group of houses with their insides showing...

 And then their outsides!


Some fun pillows for the window seat!

 I've used every available inch in this room!

A close-up of my little curio shelf!

More little dollies and furniture...

 Some paperdolls hanging out by an armoire...

 Lots of babydolls and all their accessories (plus one big sister, who must be the babysitter!)

Fun little knick-knacks.

 Scrapbooking supplies and paperdolls (there's always space for paperdolls!).

 A little corner by the entryway.

 Another view of the curio shelf.

 Adorable handmade dollhouse and dime store dolls!

 You may have noticed this other wall behind my computer!  I'm a bit of an X-Files/Gillian Anderson fan, so this is my little fangirl wall, including some signatures and photos with the stars!

And so, there you have it!  I haven't been able to devote nearly as much time to crafting or to working in the dollhouses since we've moved, but this is still my happy, happy, happy place!  I need to give you all some dollhouse tours though.  There are lots here that I don't think I've ever shown! 

I hope you've enjoyed taking a peek around!!




9 comments:

Diane Mars said...

Wow! What a great room you have created it's just a "Big Girls" playroom. I will be having to go back and re-look and look again at all the wonderful collections you have, you sure did a fantastic job of displaying everything, I'm thinking I need a bigger room for all my goodies . You have inspired me to get my place organized thats for sure! This should be in a magazine so much goodness all in one place!

Musings from Kim K. said...

It's pure heaven!! I love it so much, Corey. Your new special studio pace is just perfectly YOU! I will definitely share this post with my mom and sister. Magpie Ethel (Laurie) had asked if I checked out your blog lately. I'm so glad she alerted me to your latest post.

vivian said...

followed dianes link on facebook over to see your studio space... just fantastic!! those dollhouses are to die for adorable. what a wonderful, playful room! I think I could spend hours and hours there! now I have to check out more of your blog! have a great day!
xoxo
vivian

Anonymous said...

Miss Corey, heaven! i am freakin' out at the yumminess of it all. Lordy, worth the wait. I'll be over for tea!
Joan St. Doll

Rose Garden Romantic said...

It's a happy vintage wonderland!! Love all your dollhouses, paper dolls, and baby clothes!! So many sweet, happy things! A wonderful and inspiring place to create!!

Simply Shelley said...

I have always loved seeing through the window of yoour blog into your wonderful home. Blessings

Gina said...

Oh my goodness! My heart is literally aflutter as I look at your studio photos. All the things I love so much. Thank you.

Ruth said...

Oh my goodness! I'm 78 years old - you have so many things I had as a child in the 40's. The few things I still have are my most valuable possessions. I still play with dolls, even write stories with dolls as the characters. I thought I had a room full!!! Do you see yourself as a preservationist? I surely feel that way, and don't know anyone else who understands that.

I was prompted to comment because of your cardboard doll house. I had one - sturdy cardboard, put together with tabs through slots. I'd forgotten it. That was during the war when metal was collected for the war effort and toys were made of cardboard and wood, dolls mostly of cloth with plastic faces.

It always does me good to see young folks interested in girly toys - little girls today don't seem to have an interest in playing house and mothering their dollies. They don't know the fun of tying string between two trees and hanging up their doll clothes with little wooden clothespins.

Unknown said...

Diane Mars sent me and wow - I love it all